1. Is my husband the only one who leaves the sink a mess after shaving? No? Good to know I’m not the only wife cleaning that up.
2. I’m so totally pumped about my scrapbooking thing this weekend, you don’t even know!! I have high hopes to get a lot done but secretly I really just want to sleep late with no one telling me I need to get up. Also, don’t tell my husband I’m paying money to sleep.
3. Piggy-backing on #2; I’m so blessed to have a husband who will keep our little guy all weekend with no questions asked. He has a physically demanding job in this awful heat and I know he is just exhausted each and every day. When I mentioned this retreat to him, he told me immediately to go. I offered to schedule it on a weekend that one of the grandmas could come help out but he declined. I know he is also a parent and there should be no reason he can’t handle this on his own but let’s face it, not all dads are willing. I’m taking advantage of this now because I know when we have more kids these selfish get-aways won’t be as easy.
4. We got invited to our first 2012 pool party this weekend. I was super thrilled! Kaleb had not been in a pool yet this summer and well, neither had I. My white legs don’t lie. I was so excited I even made some fun desserts to take along. We got there and it started raining. Texas desperately needs the rain so I was trying hard to keep the disappointment to myself but really, I wanted a good sunburn. Yeah, I’m one of those.
5. Cook-off season is here!! In July and September, we always link up with our besties over at Tippin-T Cookers and participate in BBQ cook-offs with them. They usually do several through-out the year but there are 2 in particular we join in on. I can’t wait for some sno-cones, unbearable heat and endless smoke. My hair and skin will smell like BBQ for a week. LOVE.IT. Remember this cook-off trip last year?? That will NOT be happening again.
6. There is a house-keeper at work who calls me Stella every morning. I haven’t corrected him because most of the time I’m not a fan of my own name and I may like being called Stella. Don’t tell my mom, I devastated her ages ago when I told her I wanted to change my name. Also, don’t tell the housekeeper, I get to live a double life for like 7 seconds, 5 days a week.
7. We teamed up last night. I refused to have another losing battle kinda night. I did a mixture of things. I let Kaleb run naked for a few minutes instead of going straight to the diaper. Then I let him carry the diaper and PJ’s to daddy where we tackled it together. We were stern with him but not yelling. He listened much better this time and was still smiling when it was all said and done. I’m hoping to continue this for as long as it takes him to understand it a little better.
8. Does anyone else find it annoying when people are constantly talking about how much they work out? When I was in college I worked out a lot but I didn’t feel the need to mention it to ever Tom, Dick and Harry that passed my way. If you are trying to make me jealous that you work out 5 days a week, you aren’t. If you’re trying to make me feel bad about myself b/c you woke up at 4:30 a.m. to run 10 miles and I didn’t, it isn’t working. Find a new topic. (also, I started water aerobics, lol)
9. Kaleb refuses to sleep without his blankie. I’m ok with this right now because he isn’t attached to a paci and I figured a blankie is a lot less harm than a paci. I’d be even more okay with it if he wouldn’t insist on throwing it out of his crib in the middle of the night. I’m not sure what’s happening in his room but I hear him screaming, I go in and blankie is on the floor. Seriously kid, being attached to something means you hold onto it all night long. Be stronger than the blankie and don’t lose sight of it.
10. I can shamefully admit that I’m addicted to watching the Bachelorette. It is the highlight of my Monday nights. Lame.