It's really tough being 1 month old!
I can't believe my little man is 1 month old!! It seems so cliche to say but time has flown by and it makes me so sad!! I have really enjoyed this experience and I know I will continue to.
Week 1 and 2 were easy. He slept ALOT and basically just woke up to eat. Weeks 3 & 4 were a little more challenging. He is starting to be awake a lot more and I think he makes noise just to make noise! I have learned what his different cries mean so when he is just talking to talk, I now know there is nothing serious wrong with him. :) I can also tell when he is going through a growth spurt b/c he wants to eat almost every hour and he sleeps more during the day. I'm thinking the last 5 days have been a solid growth spurt b/c he is just a little more fussy than normal and requires a lot of bottles. :)
Here is a list of all the things we have experienced and learned in the FIRST month:
1. Formula poop is sticky and it makes for a very constipated baby.
2. Suppositories are very helpful but you should be FULLY prepared before you use it!
3. Gaining 2 pounds in 2 weeks is very impressive at 4 weeks old.
4. Tummy time is the BEST time!
5. Learn to change the diaper quickly! 6. When it's time to eat...it's TIME TO EAT...no matter where you are! 7. Background noise will make baby sleep more soundly than no background noise. 8. Bath time never lasts long enough! 9. All the black and white polka dots in the nursery were a great choice b/c baby stays very entertained. 10. Last but not least...baby and mommy LOVE each other more and more with every day!!